There are 13 million single parents in the United States with over 21 million children in single parent households.
Whether you are a single mother by chance or by choice, we are here to help you meet the challenges of parenting, — and all of the other issues impacting your life.
Help for Single Mothers – Knowledge is Power
As a single mother, we know the right information can turn the light on in your world and take you from surviving to thriving. We cover all the issues and pack every article and page with wisdom, resources, ideas, and real solutions to whatever life is currently bringing your way.
We’re each at a different point in our life, and our site is created to reflect the wide range of interests and needs of today’s single mom. While one parent may be searching for an education grant another mom is looking for advice for her special needs child. We cover it all.
Here are a few of the topics you’ll find useful:
- Scholarships and Grants for Single Moms – Many single mothers have given up on their hopes of a solid education. We know that a college degree or trade school certification can greatly improve the quality of life for your single parent household and we are dedicated to providing you with the right information.
You’ll find that we have the latest scholarships and grants, complete with links and instructions. But we don’t stop there. We also take a candid and critical look at different careers you may be interested in, outlining the earning potential and providing you with the education requirements for each.
We don’t want to see you heading down a dead end path, so we lay out clear information for each career we cover. Want to see a career outlined that we don’t have in our database? Simply drop us an email and we’ll give you the details!
- Financial Help and Programs for Single Mothers – Once in a while everyone needs a little assistance. As a single mom, where do you turn? There are more resources and financial help than you may be aware of, and we make it our mission to provide them to you. Whether it’s help with formula and diapers or finding money for your first start-up business, we are your source!
SingleMommie.com also offers our own Hope Grant, recently launched to provide $500 worth of assistance to reach single mothers at the point of their greatest need. The funds can be used to help with food, utility bills, tuition, rent, or the cost of daycare.
- Affordable Housing for Single Mothers – Are you dealing with an income that’s too high for assistance, yet too low to enjoy the quality of life you and your child deserve? We provide you with solid tips and inside information on finding affordable housing, even without government programs or section 8 assistance.
- Loans for Single Mothers – Whether you are looking to start up a new business venture or purchase your first home, you need to know the basics of applying for loans, what to look for and what to avoid. We also teach you how to handle your bills, access your credit report, and plan out a realistic budget.
- Single Parent Dating – Feeling apprehensive about the single mom dating scene? Now that you have the responsibility of a child, the rules of dating have changed. That doesn’t mean you have to be a hermit. So, where do you find balance? We’ve asked our experts and have plenty of single parent dating advice for you.
- Child support & child custody – These are often touchy subjects. Child support and child custody issues can lead to bitterness, resentment, and brutal battles that can end up harming your child emotionally if they are dragged into the details. We take a healthy approach to child support and custody by providing resources but always suggesting that parents take the mentally and emotionally healthy road. Sometimes the answers aren’t easy, but that doesn’t mean you have to lose your peace.
- Raising healthy and happy children in a single parent household – Without another parent to bounce ideas off of, you may wonder if you’re doing things right. There are so many decisions to make and so many questions. We regularly provide you with insightful tips, research statistics, and advice from professionals on a variety of topics that affect you and your child.
As you can see, our only mission here is to support both you and your child (or children) and help each of you reach your full potential as individuals and as a family.
Reliable Information for Single Moms
If you’ve spent any time at all searching for information or resources for single moms, you’ve most likely run into more than a few roadblocks. Some of the information found online, such as grants for single parents, can be confusing at best. Much of the information just leads to a dead end.
This can be incredibly frustrating, especially when you are desperately in need of assistance and don’t have time to deal with false information. We promise you won’t run into this problem when visiting our site! We pride ourselves on providing up to date, credible information, advice and resources. We know your time is valuable and reliable information is vital!
Again, we warmly welcome you, and if there’s anything we can add or a topic you would like us to cover, please leave a comment and let us know. Your success as a single parent is our number one priority! We want you to thrive!
Other Great Resources
Grants for Single Mothers: Guide to Getting Grants
If you are struggling financially as a single mom and want to break free from your current situation, a grant can be just the vehicle that takes you from point A to point B.
Housing Options Available For Single Moms That Need Help
Are you starting to get nervous about where you and your children are going live? Have you been moving from home to home and want to finally provide a stable place for you and your children?
Scholarship Opportunities to Help Pay Tuition Costs
As a single mother, you’ve got more on your plate (and on your mind) than most. Dividing your time between caring for your children, yourself, the household, and any mishaps of the day can leave you without a spare moment to research the possibility of furthering your education.
Financial Assistance Programs
As a single parent, it’s difficult to make ends meet sometimes. You may only be pulling in a half of what parents raising children together make from employment. This can make single parenting extremely difficult, which is taxing not only on you, but also your children.